As a hair salon owner, you know that marketing is a key element to attracting new clients and keeping your business thriving. But with so many different marketing channels and strategies out there, it can be tough to know where to start.
Don’t worry! In this article, we’ll share 9 hair salon marketing ideas that are sure to help you get more clients through your door. From online marketing to old-school print ads, we’ve got you covered.
How do I write a marketing plan for a salon?
Before you start designing any hair salon marketing campaigns, it’s important to have a solid plan in place. That way, you can make sure that all of your marketing efforts are working together toward your goals.
When you’re putting together your hair salon marketing plan, there are a few key things to keep in mind:
- Set Some Goals – First things first, what do you want to achieve with your hair salon marketing efforts? Do you want to attract more new clients? Increase repeat business? Get more people booking appointments online? Setting some specific goals will help you to create targeted campaigns that are more likely to be successful.
- Know Your Target Audience – Who is your ideal hair salon customer? When you know who you’re marketing to, you can create campaigns that speak directly to their needs and interests.
- Decide on Your Budget – How much are you willing to spend on hair salon marketing each month? Having a realistic budget in place will help you to choose cost-effective marketing strategies that get results.
- Choose Your Channels – There are a ton of different ways to market a hair salon. But not every channel will be right for your business. When you’re deciding which channels to use, think about where your target audience is most likely to see your message.
- Measure Your Results – Finally, it’s important to keep track of your hair salon marketing efforts and see what’s working and what’s not. Regularly check in on your goals and adjust your strategy as needed. By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to creating a hair salon marketing plan that gets results!
The Best Hair Salon Marketing Strategies
Now that you have a solid hair salon marketing plan in place, it’s time to start brainstorming some creative campaigns.
Not sure where to begin? Here are some of the best hair salon marketing strategies to get you started:
Create a stunning website
These days, potential clients will often research a hair salon online before booking an appointment. That’s why it’s so important to have a website that makes a good first impression.
Make sure that your website is up-to-date, easy to navigate, and includes plenty of photos of your hair salon in action. You should also showcase any awards or accolades that you’ve received, as well as any customer testimonials.
If you want potential clients to be able to find your hair salon online, you need to make sure that your website is optimized for search engines. That means using the right keywords, having well-written content, and making sure your site is mobile-friendly.
Create killer social media profiles
Social media is a great way to connect with potential and current clients, promote your hair salon, and show off your work. Make sure to create profiles on all of the major platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and TickTock.
Once you’ve set up your social media accounts, it’s important to post engaging content on a regular basis. Share photos and videos of your hair salon and your work, post specials and promotions, and give your followers a behind-the-scenes look at what goes on in your hair salon.
Social media advertising is great for reaching more people with your hair salon’s message. By targeting potential clients with ads on Facebook or Instagram you can generate more leads and get more people in the door.
Current Customer Marketing
Customer marketing is all about keeping your current clients coming back. This can be done in a number of ways, including loyalty programs, thank-you notes, and special promotions.
You can also stay in touch with your clients by sending out regular newsletters or email blasts. This is also a great way to promote any new products or services that you’re offering, as well as any special deals or discounts.
By keeping your current clients happy, you’ll have a built-in base of loyal customers who will help spread the word about your hair salon.
Building your Brand and Brand Consistency
Creating a hair salon marketing strategy is only the first step in promoting your business. You also need to make sure that your hair salon’s branding is on point.
Your hair salon’s brand should be reflected in everything you do, from the way you answer the phone to the design of your business cards. By creating a strong and consistent brand, you’ll make it easier for potential clients to remember your hair salon and what it has to offer.
Some of the most important elements of hair salon branding include:
- Your hair salon’s name, logo, and tagline
- The design of your hair salon’s website and social media accounts
- Your hair salon’s colour scheme
- The way you and your staff members interact with clients
By paying attention to the details of your hair salon’s branding, you’ll be able to create a solid and recognizable brand that will help you attract new clients.
These are just a few of the hair salon marketing strategies that you can use to promote your business. By implementing these tips, you’ll be well on your way to attracting new clients and growing your hair salon.
If you are already doing all of these things, and are looking for a more professional strategy, then you may want to consider hiring a hair salon marketing agency.
At The Digital Salon Group, we specialize in helping hair salons grow their business. We’ll work with you to create a customized marketing plan to help you achieve your goals. Contact us today to learn more about our services!