To all our Hair, Beauty and Aesthetics professionals – If you have a website or if you’re planning on having one soon, then this blog post is for you!
So sit back, grab a coffee and put your feet up.
We are about to explain why it’s so important to maintain your website and what steps you should be taking to keep it up-to-date and running smoothly.
First things first, let’s talk about why Website Maintenance is so important. Your website is like your shop window (but to the whole world!). Just like you keep your Salon/Clinic clean, organized, and updated, your website needs the same care and attention. When your website is well-maintained, it creates a good impression on your site visitors and potential clients. On the other hand, an outdated, slow, or broken website can turn off visitors and make them leave without even looking at your services. This is especially so if your site is not great on a mobile. (on average, a massive 67% of traffic comes from mobiles now!) Let’s face it, website maintenance is so important for attracting and keeping clients and keeping up with your competition.
Now, let’s move on to the meaty part – what you should be doing to maintain your website. Here are some steps that we recommend from our experience working on over 600 salon and clinic sites over the years:
- 🗄Keep your website updated: This is the most crucial step in website maintenance. Keep your website’s content and design updated regularly. Add new images, (show off those transformations and your staff’s amazing work), videos and blog posts to keep your visitors engaged and interested. Also, make sure that all the links, buttons, and forms are working properly and sending people to the right places. An outdated website with broken links and old information can harm your business’s reputation and push you down the search rankings.
- 🏎Improve your website’s speed: Today, the average load time for a website to be thought of as fast is 1.5 seconds! Nobody likes to wait for a slow website to load. If your website takes too long to load, visitors are more likely to leave without engaging with your site or booking platform. So, make sure your website’s speed is as fast as possible. There are also many technical things you can do to help improve the speed of your website. Your website company should be able to make some changes every few months to ensure your website speed is optimised.
- 📲Make it mobile-friendly: On average 67% of all website traffic comes from mobile devices, so it’s really important to make your website mobile-friendly. Your website should be easily readable on any phone or mobile device. That includes optimising images, using a responsive design, and making sure that your website’s content is easily readable on a small screen.
- 🔐Secure your website: Security is another crucial aspect of website maintenance. You don’t want hackers to steal your client’s information or put a virus on your website. So, make sure that your website is secure by using an SSL certificate, keeping your software and plugins up-to-date, and using strong passwords.
- 👨🏼💻Backup your website: Finally, always have a backup of your website hosted somewhere else. You never know when something might go wrong, and you don’t want to lose all your hard work. Regularly back up your website’s data and files to an offsite location or cloud-based storage. (If you have a developer or website maintenance company they can do this for you easily)
So to end this short blog, website maintenance is a vital aspect of running a successful salon or clinic in the beauty and aesthetics industry. By following the tips mentioned above, you can keep your website up-to-date, secure, and running smoothly. Remember, a well-maintained website is not only attractive to visitors but also boosts your online reputation and increases your chances of bookings. So, what are you waiting for? Get started on maintaining your website today!
And as always, if you need help with any of the above, we are more than happy to talk to you about how we might be able to help. Our website section is HERE:
The DSG Team